Day Nine: My Big Break

I’d received free tickets to see an advance screening of Forgetting Sarah Marshal.
I had planned to see it with Johnny Elfwing, but he noticed me giving too much attention to this pretty little Australian and he graciously told me to take her.
But walking down Hollywood Blvd towards the theatre we were given free tickets to see Jimmy Kimmel Live!
It wasn’t hard to convince my date to change plans.

The show featured John Cussack, Sofia Vergara, and the current American It-band (who I‘d never heard of): “The Jonas Brothers.”
Teenaged girls had been lined up in the street all through the night to see the young heart throbs.
I suspect my date and I got front row seats because I was one of the few young males in the audience.
However, Jimmy’s Dad showed up before the show started and took my seat.
I found myself sitting in the second row next to a couple of twenty year-old valley girls.
One of them claimed to be the biggest Jonas Brothers fan in the world.
I helped get her on stage before the show to receive some promos and lead the audience sing a Jonas Brothers song.

The big bald guy who warmed up the audience for Jimmy was hilarious.
He pretended to let the crowd introduce the Brothers about ten times and each time the screams were louder.
Having 400 girls screaming over your shoulder is annoying, but I have to admit it’s also exciting.
I started doing this seated bicycle cheer where you pedal your fists feet at the same time.
I call it the Double Arsenio.
I guess Jimmy liked it, cuz I got some air time.
Check out this video about a minute and ten seconds in.