Day Five: Johnny Elfwing

Hi Scout,

I've been visiting different parts of Los Angeles the last three days.
Always taking buses, looking at maps... it's exhausting.
So today in I took it easy.
I went for a run in the park and then I lay on my bed and read.

I have a new roommate from Sweden.
He's a drummer and he's just moved to LA to attend music school.
It's his first time in North America and he acts like a little kid.
He reads signs out loud and says funny stuff to practice his English.
It's weird how some people you just feel really comfortable with.
We've already discovered a common love for the metric system.
Here's Johnny with his "arenpropper" - "earplugs" in english.


And here's Johnny with a rather large American softdrink.

Just now he said, "Tell me something. Tell me something about Vancouver."

I told him about eating with you in the Old Spaghetti Factory ...

I haven't heard about that job in Seoul yet.
It would be awesome to teach in Seoul for a year.
I forgot how much fun traveling is.

I didn’t have any really good adventures today, but it was relaxing and I thought about you.
Some rich guy took me on a drive down the Pacific Coast Highway and back along Sunset Blvd in his Ford Mustang.
He went to high school in France so we spoke French together.
I love speaking French.
I want to learn Korean next.