Day Three: Venice Beach

Hi Mum,

How's your vacation going?
Los Angeles is great.
So is my hostel.

Yesterday I went to the Beach.
I went with a young Austrian Judge on holiday and an English girl wrapping up seven months of world travels.
We took a long pleasant walk from Santa Monica to Venice Beach.
Venice is a real human zoo.
It has lots of great street performers and crazy characters.
I think I might go back on Sunday to see the ring swingers, but I also want to go to a couple of churches on Sunday.
So I'll have to see.

Yesterday I accomplished my mission of getting a photo posing with a body builder.
I don't know what my mission is today.
I guess get a photo with someone famous.
I'm going on a walking tour of Beverly Hills with my Danish roommates.
They're young and quiet and clean and go to bed at a reasonable hour: perfect roommates.
The people staying at the hostel are great.
Each day you can choose between the freedom of traveling alone and the ease of traveling with people who will read maps and bus schedules for you.